9/12/10

Mocha Choco-latte Dessert



Here is my latest recipe entry for the Real Women of Philadelphia, second phase, recipe contest. This week is "Crunch Time" dessert week. Here are the rules for this week:
Time Crunch: Total time to prepare and cook recipe is 30 minutes or less. Recipe calls for no more than five ingredients including the cream cheese and can be prepared in two to three easy steps.

It is hard to come up with something that has not been done before as this contest has been going on for some time now. Hopefully this one will catch the judges eyes and give me the win that I have been hoping for!

Won't you give it a try and post a comment and let me know what you truly think. :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My granddaughters came home, for the weekend, from college for the first time today and I wanted to surprise them with a special treat. I worked all day and needed to figure out something that I could put together very quickly. I made these cute little desserts for them and their friends that came over tonight too. They all enjoyed them very much and gave me an top-honors on this new recipe, so I hope you’ll want to give them a try and see if you agree with high marks for me.

Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes | Servings:

8 ounce(s) of whipping cream
1 tsp. of dry coffee crystals
2 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup(s) of milk chocolate hot fudge dessert topping
1 pkg (6 )Chocolate Dessert Shells (you’ll find these either in the grocery bakery section or by the fruits with the shortcake dessert shells)

Steps:
Place whipping cream and dry coffee crystals in mixing bowl and use whisk until coffee is dissolved into cream.

Add the softened cream cheese and whip with mixer until soft peaks develop. Add the ½ cup of milk chocolate hot fudge dessert topping and fold into whipped cream mixture until well blended and set aside.

Place the chocolate dessert shells into serving plates or into clear glass serving bowls. Either spoon or pipe the mocha choco-late mixture into the indentation in the middle of the shells. If desired, garnish with grated bittersweet chocolate for that crowning touch!



http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/user_recipe/view/10736/8330/1

1 comment: